coordinators Emrah Koçak and Mehmet Tokgöz from Konya Provincial Directorate of
National Education trained 20 teachers from Turkey, Sweden, Poland and Hungary.
The topic of the training was “Empowering Teachers against Violent Extremism” and the topics of the training were:
- Dealing With Stereo Types and Prejudices
- Raising awareness and understanding about the extremism in general
- Background factors for radicalization
- Radicalization Process of young people with Case Studies
- Holding difficult conversations in the classroom
- Radicalization from my perspective
- The role of internet in extremism
- Safe Surfing and Online Propaganda
- Building up a school vision and Multi Agency partnership
- Importance of early prevention to tackle with extremism
Participants were given information about how to prepare effective lesson plans and worksheets to involve extremism topics in the classrooms by Dr. Istvan MATRAI from Hungary on the last day of the training. Templates were shared with them. Participants prepared their first lesson plans.
Training was finalised with the participation of Wojciech KONARSKI who is Governor of Gryfino district. He gave certificates to the participants and underlined the importance of such a project focusing on preventing extremism.